- One of the most ancient water wells with a depth of 88 m was found in the Cairo area. According to scientists, it was developed 3 thousand years ago.
- One of the ultra-deep (at that time) water wells (450 m) was developed in China. It was drilled by the impact method at a speed of 1 m per day.
- According to statistics, every American uses about 80-100 liters of water per day, most of which goes to sewage. Some foreign countries have reduced the standard volume of water consumption to 6 liters. A person consumes up to 60 tons of water in 1 year only in the process of nutrition.
- Water is a good solvent of all kinds of compounds, so there is no “pure” water in nature that does not contain various additives (salts, minerals and other chemical elements).
- The body of an adult consists of 65% water, in overweight people this indicator is reduced to 50-55%. In newborns, the bulk of the body weight — about 80% — is water. If the human body loses more than 10% of water, then it can die.
- A person feels very thirsty if the volume of water in the body decreases by at least 1% of the total volume. With a slight dehydration of the body (about 2% of weight), a person loses strength, gets very tired. The cause of dehydration can be not only physical activity, but also overeating. If you constantly consume structured water in increased doses (from 65% to 85%), then you can prolong life for about 15-20 years, in addition, it stimulates the regeneration of tissues and all functional processes.
- In some African countries, water extraction is an exclusively female duty. Every day they can walk about 4 km in search of water, while in a week the time spent searching for water exceeds 16 hours.
- When receiving one newspaper sheet, about 300 liters of water is used. To obtain 1 kg of rice culture (planting, growing, harvesting rice grains), you need about 5 thousand liters of water.
- 70% of the total volume of water used by mankind is consumed in agriculture, in industrial production – 22%.
- The volume of fresh water on Earth is 2.5 – 3% of the total volume of water available on the planet, while underground the amount of fresh water is many times greater than on the surface. The world ocean occupies approximately 71% of the planet’s surface (at an average depth of 4 km) and contains 97.6% of the world’s known reserves of free water.
Home Mystery and riddles 10 facts about water